Labels

Friday, July 12, 2019

Remain hopeful

Case: An elderly with liver cirrhosis and occasional coughing was admitted to manage hepatic encephalopathy. She had an episode of vomiting & choking which led to aspiration pneumonia. Hypotension and desaturation ensued. While she is in DNR status, we tried our best to resuscitate her with fluids, performed sputum suction, provided oxygen therapy and started her on antibiotics. Her vitals recovered gradually and stabilized. However, she’s not out of the woods yet.
Just when life is about to come to an end, our path crossed, where I tried a little bit to help, and you tried a little more to live.

May you go though this challenge and live to see another day.

I wish you all the best.




I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the people around me, who gave me emotional support when I needed it the most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment