Labels

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Giving just enough

No matter how knowledgeable a person may be, there is a need to gauge how well the message is received by the other party.

Stuff too much, and the recipient suffers from information overload.

Stuff too little, and the recipient enters into boredom.

It comes to a point, the communicator needs constantly check on how well the other person is receiving the message.

When the person seemed clueless, or having a hard time digesting the information, providing more information may not be effective in solving the problem. Instead, try to gauge how much the person has understood, and which part of the key information is still missing that hinders his/her understanding.

The student may be a slow learner, but the teacher/mentor plays an even greater role in getting the information across and helping the slow learner grow.


Well, in short...

I am just another slow learner who is trying hard to keep up the learning pace on this fast-paced society. So please bear with me while I’m still understanding how things work.

If you can’t wait, I don’t mind you leaving me alone and let me learn on my own.

Don’t worry, I’ll find my own way.

When it comes to a day where I am the one sharing the knowledge, I will make sure the other slow learners grow well, because I understand how it feels to be a slow learner.


0 comments:

Post a Comment