Labels

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Not As Expected

LiYuTan, Hualien | © 2012 Huey-Chiat Cheong Photography

Sometimes life is not as you expect it to be. You can plan ahead, but you can never control or determine how others will treat your plan or what you’re about to do. However, if you find that what you plan for is worth fighting for, then go ahead for it. And if you meet someone that is trying to put you down, I guess the best way to handle it is by ignoring the person.

Believe it or not, most people around you are just trying to put you down. Just because you can’t do it, or achieve it, it doesn’t mean that you should splash cold water on someone else’s enthusiasm. For the past few days I was hogged down by the fact that I’m not doing very well in Organic Chemistry. It wasn’t because I can’t answer the questions well, but it’s because of one teacher who decided not to conduct the exam the right way. Plus, this bias teacher award scores based on how he liked the students and penalise students who are not to his liking.

When the results were released, I was somehow infuriated and disappointed. I guess some teachers are just like that. They can’t teach their students well and they want the students to fail like him. Not that I’ve failed my exam, but the way he treats the others just shows how unprofessional this person is.

Sometimes life will throw you challenges and some times you just can’t change the fact that some other people are like that. So let me share this quote:

“Everybody is a genius, But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Today, I reinforced this thought to myself – Do not waste time entertaining pessimist people. And do not let others decide how well you are performing, because you yourself know how well you are. Might as well surround yourself with people who are supportive and willing to give you a push whenever you are down. You live because of yourself and not in the eyes of the other people. In fact, they do not have the rights to judge who you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment